Approach to safety for participants:
- All Crew members are CPR/First-Aid certified
- Leash must be worn while on a SUP board.
- General Instruction is provided and a Pre-Departure Checklist will be gone over with participant. See under Forms.
- Customers will be provided with a safety whistle to signal if they have trouble.
- Employees will have a pair of binoculars to keep an eye on participants that are out on the water. They will watch for any need for them to go out to assist customers.
- Boards/kayaks will be numbered on the bottom and there will be a USCG certified Paddle Smart Identification Sticker on the bottom of each board/kayak. A “Paddle Plan” will be written out so that staff know who is out on the water at all times.
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol may participate.
- All Crew Members have completed the NASBLA Sanctioned Paddle Sports Safety Course.
- *PFD (personal flotation device) approved by the USCG must be worn while on the water on any watercraft.